Flowers are a very common design to work with silk ribbon embroidery, most likely because the ribbon allows you to stitch very lifelike florals. Often a single stitch with ribbon will look like a flower bud, and the addition of one or two more stitches gives you a bud with some greenery that reminds you of the real deal.
Creating full, exquisite displays of ribbon embroidery takes some practice, but it’s also possible to start very simply, and just have fun with it.
1. Embroidery hoop and ribbon florals
2. Spiralled ribbon rosettes
3. Pretty ribbon chandelier
4. Silk ribbon embroidery with pearl bead detailing
5. Silk and ribbon embroidered pillow cover
6. Ribbon embroidered flowers with chiffon petals
7. Looped layered ribbon roses
8. Silk ribbon hydrangeas
9. Ruffled roses with twisted ribbon stems
10. Ribbon embroidered and hand pearled pin cushion
11. Plush backed and painted ribbon embroidery with a frame
12. Ribbon embroidered handkerchiefs
13. Ribbon embroidered Valentines
14. Glass covered ribbon embroidery tea tray